Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, May 09, 2003

Social Calendar

Still too mentally tired from work to think that creatively, make pithy political observations or suchlike, and there was a bit more noise upstairs than we'd have expected earlier this evening, although it stopped about 8:30. I wonder if I'm not also tired from reflecting on my actual going-outside life this month, which couldn't have come at a better time as I'm feeling way more sedentary (and achy as a result) than I'd like. This is my time of year for 3-day weekends, and so far I'm managing to space them out pretty nicely. Last Friday and Saturday we were here. This weekend (the normal 2-day variety) we're just hanging. Next weekend I'll be hitting the Ninth Avenue International Food Festival in Hell's Kitchen (yeah yeah, home of this guy, so they say), probably on both Saturday and Sunday (hey, gimme a break, I wait all year for my shark kebobs and stuffed quail and baklava and funnel cakes and corn fritters and... well, just about everything but sushi, actually). Then on Monday we're meeting a friend over here, somewhere around where this is, although I wouldn't mind seeing him either, and maybe even this - well, in any case, between all of that and this I imagine I'll be doing an awful lot of walking. On Memorial Day weekend we'll probably hide, but the Friday-through-Sunday after that we hope to be here even though they don't have Rob's name here yet. But you know, it's nice to be able to swing the admission fee if we have to, not to mention transportation costs. And of course, as these things engender, we'll be walking a lot there as well. Pass the linament, my friends!

0 comments: