Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Bug Fixes

Blogger templates are operational again, so anyone else out there who had the same problems as me (and that's, um, everyone on Blogspot) can now go to it and make your changes. 'Course, the bugger is still loading like molasses. And on a personal note, I spoke with my primary care physician and she allayed a number of my fears about the medication my ob/gyn prescribed (see yesterday's entry), but also said there are better ways to control glucose sensitivity such as - surprise! - exercise, as well as green tea, whole grains, etc. So if I decide to take the medication it'll be strictly as a fertility thing, and I'm used to fertility meds screwing with my body short-term anyway so nothing new there. Meanwhile, under Robin's supervision I'm starting on the stationary bike again, only for 10 minutes daily to build up my stamina to do 20+ minutes (when the bike actually starts doing some good in terms of burning off the bad stuff); and on my shopping trip this evening I'll be buying some whole grain bread (bye rye!) and brown rice, as well as green teabags to make "sun tea" which will take the place of my beloved Tetley iced for the foreseeable future.

0 comments: