Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, April 26, 2003

Move-In Day

Well, we knew it couldn't last forever. A new family has moved into the apartment upstairs. Jenny and Christian seem like a lovely couple, and their son is huggably adorable but tends to like bouncing a ball on the bare hardwood floor. :) They arrived about 9:30 this morning, so I went up and introduced myself, welcomed them to the building, promised their son free comics if he wanted them and so forth, just to get off on the right foot. Turns out they were never given a copy of the house rules which state, "Moves into and out of the building shall take place only on days other than Saturday, Sunday and holidays and only between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m." so that answered one of my questions, and I printed them out a copy and took it upstairs, so let's hope they take the bit about "the floors of each Apartment must be covered with rugs or carpeting or equally effective noise-reducing material, to the extent of at least 80% of the floor area of each room" seriously once they're settled. They do seem a lot friendlier and open than the last tenants, but I think a tarantula would have been a lot friendlier and open than those idiots. And since I've come back downstairs the noise seems to have lessened a lot, which I think bodes very well. Crossing all appropriate digits.

0 comments: