Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, March 21, 2003

Bringing the War Back Home

I'm told CNN has pulled their reporters out of Baghdad, and Kevin Sites mentions that he's been asked to stop blogging. Christopher Albritton (link at sidebar) isn't there yet but hopes to be by next weekend. Salam Pax hasn't posted to Where Is Raed? since 7 AM Iraqi time this morning. But the rest of the blogosphere (at least the corner I peruse) has been a godsend and far more eloquent about everything that's going on, both here and there, than I could be. Click through 'em all, it's well worth it. Meanwhile, Newsarama has a great interview with Micah Ian Wright about Propaganda Remix (see my entries here and here for more) and it's led to a lively thread discussion in case any comics fans want to join in (you'll need to register on the site to participate). And Bureaucrat by Day (link at sidebar) has started a discussion on whether folks think Ted Rall's one-panel "United We Stand" cartoon is in bad taste. (Personally I think it hits the mark pretty solidly in its skewering of the "dittohead" mentality.) Lastly, coming to you from the land of Too Much Information, my ob/gyn was very appreciative of my query about standing my ovarian eggs on their sides during the vernal equinox, and planned to use it with all his patients. Sometimes it's the little things that matter.

0 comments: