Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, February 14, 2003

Blogging Is For Lovers

In recent trips around my blogroll I notice far too many people resenting Valentine's Day on the basis of "nobody loves me" than on the basis of "it's another stupid crappy 'Hallmark holiday' designed to make us compensate for feeling bad about ourselves by spending money we don't have to on crap we don't need instead of just telling someone we love them." I find this somewhat sad and an unnecessary waste of energy, so I'd like to just say to all of you, you are loved and cherished and wonderful people, and honestly, stop working my side of the block. (Disclaimer: It's true I vacated that particular block when I found my soulmate, but still, it's the principle of the thing. Self-pity doesn't become you fantastically talented folks, so knock it off, I love you all.)

0 comments: