Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, January 23, 2003

Feedback Loop

Haloscan seems to be down at the moment, which means I can't check to see if anyone has any comments on my entries from the last week or so (and nobody can make any new ones). There was nothing last time I looked. I'm tempted to launch into the bad "come on folks, I know you're out there, I can hear you breathing" standup routine, but I'd find that utterly unfair to you. Back in the days of apas ("does anybody remember apas?" she queried, all Plant-like) we employed the acronym RAEBNC, which stood for "Read And Enjoyed But No Comment," to let the writer of the zine we'd read know that we liked it but didn't have anything in particular we wanted to add, as a signal that they shouldn't feel ignored or passed by. Reading, like writing, is mostly a solitary venture, and I truly believe we should never feel obligated to comment on what we read, only inspired to. And even then, we lead busy lives, and we can't very well comment if Haloscan and the like are down. ;) So I just wanted to take this moment to say, to all the fine folks to whose blogs I've linked at the sidebar, that if you don't see anything from me in your comment section (provided it's operational), then RAEBNC. RAEBNC very much. (Actually to be pedantic, that would be RAEVMBNC, but let it pass...)

0 comments: