Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, October 22, 2002

Another Compadre

Tom Tomorrow's blog, link at left bar, led me to August Pollak's blog, link now at left bar as well because wow, I really like this guy. He's erudite and fun to read and makes good common sense and is a fellow NY-er and appears to like and focus on a lot of the same things I do (today's entry, for instance, featured a link to a FAIR roundup of all that UN inspectors "they left, no they were kicked out, okay we lied they left but we're still not admitting they were spying" stuff the major media has been promulgating, which readers of this blog know has been one of my little side projects ever since my first post about Richard Butler giving me the skeevie-jeebies). His lettering on his cartoons could use a bit of work, but I hand-letter crappy too (which is why I prefer to letter using Freehand and one of Robin's home-made Fontographer fonts) and the 'toons themselves are worth reading and I think this guy can only get better as he goes along. I even like the look of his blog, except he doesn't have any sidebars or links (other than the ones which appear in his entries), which bums me out (good grief I'm old, I'm sure nobody even uses "bums me out" any more) because I'd love to see who's on his daily must-read list! My own must-read list is, alas, unavailable to me except in my template page, because I can't get to my own blog site at the moment. Guess Blogspot must be overloaded what with Garry Trudeau focusing on Our Wacky Blogosphere this week. Although my husband reports 'net stuff seems sluggish all over...

0 comments: