Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, September 24, 2002

Aaron, Take My Staff

If you have a Yahoo account, you can specify to have Boondocks be one of the comics that pops up on your MyYahoo page. If you don't, you can read Aaron McGruder's daily strip here (be forewarned, there are pop-ups). This week's strips are particularly delightful, and remind me of some of the best stuff Garry Trudeau has done over the years with Doonesbury (the only other strip I designed for my MyYahoo page, and yeah, another pop-up on Trudeau's page, sorry). In the tradition of Trudeau characters like Mr. Butts, McGruder presents the return of Flaggie and Ribbon, out to whip up invade-Iraq support from the American people by any means necessary! Really terrific stuff, bound to be banned from many cowardly news outlets again; in my opinion, McGruder can never get too much praise.

0 comments: