My last day in the office this week, my laptop's working fine, I've seen most of the folks I've missed including at least half the partners I support, got another Admin Pro Day gift, and today was Take Your Kids to Work Day so I met some lovely children too! And had sushi with Kim, Zed's former pet-parent, in a great place on 52nd Street which just happened to have a street fair going on today. And at 4 PM I took a break to attend a book club meeting! Definitely my happy place. Other than the lunch and child-greeting I tried to be as heads-down as I could today, but I'm still not caught up. I knew this week I'd be sacrificing productivity for socializing, although I admit that, thanks to the 90-minute-each-way commute, my Pokemon GO game has improved and I have lots of new creatures to catalog now. Still, thank goodness I can put down my cell phone and earbuds tomorrow, plug in my laptop at home, and Get Stuff Done. Stuff not involving putting beans in things.
No comments:
Post a Comment