Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Silly Site o' the Day

White Rabbits, and welcome to Estrogen Month! Although it's coming in more like a bear than a lion for me. How this for a weird estrogen thing - my female coworker just chastised me because she's cleaned out some file drawers and couldn't resist digging into me, "I don't draw the line at manual labor like you do." You know what? Screw that, I do try to draw the line at manual labor. My back is still in considerable pain and, damn it, I'm not getting paid to lift things no matter how much she "teases" me. Real offices hire people specifically for that -- or at the very least, they don't automatically expect desk-bound secretaries to do it, do they? And geez, it's not like I haven't done my share anyway when I'm physically able; after all, there are only three of us here. But she knows I can hardly move around and she's still riding my back, making it even worse.

Have I mentioned how much I want to get another job? And my boss isn't leaving the country until mid-May, so I'm stuck until then.

I'm sorry, I don't feel silly. Thank goodness for The Truffle, who comes to the rescue with Pumpkinfest 2003: The Thorax Cake.

0 comments: