Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Looking Up

I was called into my boss' office this morning along with the COO and asked to close the door. He smiled at me and said "I'm either going to fire you or give you a raise." Based on how I've been knocking myself out the past couple weeks, I was fairly sure it wasn't the former. :) I haven't had a raise since before 9-11, and I'm still not making "my age in thousands" (near as I can figure it's around a 1% increase, which will more than offset the health insurance hike), but considering this country's economic situation I count myself damn fortunate. Between this, Robin's recent rate increase, and our upcoming rent decrease, it'll be a lot easier to budget for new clothes and electronic stuff after the move, insurance payments and petrol once we get the car, and maybe even a trip to San Diego this summer.

0 comments: