Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, February 29, 2004

The Great Leap Forward

Happy Leap Day! Click on Google's picture below to get all sorts of Leap Year info.

Mark Evanier reminds us that today is supposedly Superman's birthday, and makes my head hurt asking how that could be. But I forgive him because he'll be real-time blogging at the Oscars tonight and has given his predictions as well, and I pretty much agree with almost all his picks. I think American Splendor or LotR might get adapted screenplay; I also believe My Architect has a good chance of getting Documentary Feature (although I agree with Mark that it'll probably be The Fog of War); and my pick for original song winner is "Into The West" from LotR, although I think both nominated Cold Mountain songs have a good chance too. My pick for the two categories Mark didn't guess on: For Cinematography it'll probably be John Seale for Cold Mountain (as LotR isn't nominated); and for Editing I think it's going to be LotR. I also like Mark's other predictions on what might happen. I wonder if the possible surprise Michael Moore appearance will maybe combine a couple of Mark's musings - like Billy Crystal leading Michael Moore out on stage bound and gagged by Teamsters... or maybe marrying Moore. ;) Should be fun!

Update: Here are the results of the RAZZIE® Awards and the Independent Spirit Awards, both held yesterday.

0 comments: