Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

The Wide World of Blogs

For those who like this sort of thing, voting for the 2004 Bloggies (aka the fourth annual Weblog Awards) has commenced. I've even heard of one or two of 'em! Via Betsy Devine. I'm not even a twinkle in their eye, of course - hey, as I've mentioned before, I'm not even in the running in any Koufax category - but it's all right because my feminist karma has balanced all that. I was actually singled out, like majorly (along with Ampersand), in Christine Cupaiuolo's Bloggers We Love over at Ms. Musings - thank you, Christine! Friends of Lulu also gets a great plug, hooray! (Contrary to what many of my comics industry friends believe, I'm not really doing any work with FoL any more, but activity therein took a huge chunk of my time last decade so it's good to see it getting some new press.) Says Christine of her blogroll, "I'd love to hear from readers about other blogs and feminist media sites that should be added. Please keep in mind that with the overwhelming number of blogs out there, Ms. tries to keep the focus on issues pertaining to politics and news, technology and information, and arts and culture. Blogs by men are welcome, though the parameters are tighter: they’ve got to focus on gender and feminist issues." So drop her a line!

0 comments: