Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, December 11, 2003

Never Mind the Wizbangs, Here Come the Koufaxes

It's that time of year. The opening of nominations for the annual Koufax Awards has just been announced over at Wampum. Says Dwight Meredith: "This is the second year of the awards. In the fast moving world of blogs, that qualifies them as a tradition. The purpose of the awards is to recognize and applaud the best of the left. It is supposed to be fun for us and for you. Please take the awards in the spirit in which they are offered. Mary Beth [Williams] and I will be accepting nominations during the month of December. Nominations may be submitted either by comment to this post or by email to either of us. The email addresses are at the right. Each week for the next few, we will attempt to post links to nominated posts and blogs so that we may have an informed electorate." My lousy short-term memory makes me kinda sucky at awards voting, and as I'm not even on MB's blogroll I have no illusions about being nominated (I see where the nomination process for Wizbang!'s 2003 weblog awards, which doesn't even have me anywhere near their radar, seems to be closed in so many categories already), but there are so many great left-leaning blogs out there that deserve recognition, so if you're so inclined this is your chance to show your appreciation for them.

0 comments: