Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, December 15, 2003

It Was Easy... Too Easy

Interesting comment section in response to Billmon's musings on the capture of Saddam Hussein. Says one commenter,
am I the only one who smells a rat?
Here was an operation involving 600 soldiers going after a tip on saddam hussein, and NOT A SHOT WAS FIRED???
That tells me they knew that not a shot would be fired at them.
Saddam was found disoriented in a hole in the ground with a gun and a couple of local goons, not his own men.
I think this was a hand-off. Someone has had him on ice for a couple weeks, he got too hot, so they sold him to the US for concessions to be paid at a later date. Some war-lord turned him over to the US.
And another opines, "I saw this story today and my bullshit detectors went off! I mean they stage manage everything else from the SCOTUS acclamation of Bush to the yellow cake to the flight deck to the turkey...why not this!?" Why not, indeed. Remember, one can be glad of the tyrant's capture whilst at the same time maintaining a healthy skepticism and wondering what's actually going on that we don't know about (like, for instance, the LaHood connection?)...

Update: Just about through my blogroll, and out of all the Hussein-captured musings I've read so far I think I like Jeff/Emma's the most.

0 comments: