Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, December 22, 2003

Chanukah-Christmas Chumor

My dad just sent me this bit which has, as you can see, been making the rounds. (Anyone know whence it originated?) I also thought this fake news item was cute. This one's a little too "old school" for me, I fear.

Oh, and for those who don't go back and read older comments sections, I talked with Mom and Dad yesterday, and told them my latkes were a great success. Mom was actually disappointed that I didn't scrape my knuckles allowing a drop of blood into the mixture, and there was agreement all around that one does not use food processors in any part of the preparations (I tried last year, and it was a disaster). Like some Pen-Elayne commenters, Dad was also astounded that electric graters exist, and Mom said she's too much of a purist to even contemplate using one of those. (I'm not; Robin's buying me one as a NODWISH gift, and I'm getting him one of these.) Mom said not to tell Dad about the scallions, and Dad couldn't believe I "only" made 12 latkes out of the batter.

0 comments: