Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, August 22, 2016

Silly Site o' the Day

We're back, and I have a very sore throat, some kind of weird rash around my neck, a sunburnt left arm (no regrets, it was finally a beautiful day today and I drove back from Rhinebeck with the window open and my elbow hanging out) and a general feeling of ickiness. Even six hours' sleep this afternoon did nothing much to help. But it was a lovely wedding, and now the first of the next generation of cousins has gotten hitched. Although I must say I'm feeling more and more out of it that I don't know half of the dance tunes the band played, whilst my sister-in-law was not only dancing but mouthing all the lyrics. Something-something-ceiling-coming-down or somesuch. Stuff by people I've heard of, like Bruno Mars and Taylor Swift, but with words and music I've never actually encountered before. Not sure what to do about this, I hate feeling left out but I really don't like dance music. Maybe I should contact Kanye for advice, care of IKEA (via Bored Panda).

0 comments: